Truck Bed Bike Racks
Biking is one of those hobbies or habits that can keep you healthy and fit. Several countries have bike trails dedicated to bike lovers. These trails are exciting and are a visual treat to the bikers.
Several people get together to organize road trips to uncover the beauty of such trails. And this is where the bike racks come in handy. You can simply mount your bikes on these racks either on top or behind your vehicles and enjoy your drive without having to worry about fitting your bike inside your vehicle as this is most important ever to a number of people who are well known.
What are the different types of Bike Racks?
- Roof Mounted racks — ideal for Sedans and Hatch-backs
- Truck Mounted Racks — Vans and SUV’s
- Hitch Carrier Racks — ideal for RV’s, Motorhomes, Trucks, and Vans
- Truck Bed Bike Mounts — ideal for pickups.
Since we are focusing on trucks, for now, let’s look into Hitch Carrier Racks in more depth
What are Hitch Carrier Bike Racks and their advantages?
Hitch Carrier Bike Racks slides into the receiver of trailer hitch of a truck or a car. The advantages it has over other types of bike racks are as follows.
- There are a lot more varieties and styles to choose from.
- Easier to load and unload bikes.
- More secure than trunk mounted racks.
- Goes well with lots more vehicle models.
- Relatively more aerodynamic than other carries.
What are the top three best Hitch Carrier Bike Racks?
Thule T 2 Pro X T: The most commonly preferred bike rack by the professionals for its features.
- Offers tool-free installation process
- Has an innovative simple to use lever mechanism to fold up the rack when not in use.
- Uses ratcheting arms to secure the wheels
- The basic version can carry two bikes at a time, but with additional two-inch hitch, one can carry 4 bikes at a time.
Kuat Sherpa NV 2.0: This is considered equally good as the other bike racks.
- The model is a few pounds lighter than its peers
- It has a foot assisted, pivot free lever that allows the user to get down the rack easily.
- It has a front tire ratchet to make the wheel release much easier, while there is a co-moulded ratchet for the
- back wheels.
- Let’s you access your vehicle even when two bikes are loaded at a time.
Allen Sports Delux: This can hold 4 bikes at a time. Its top feature is
- It has innovative tie-down systems to secure the bikes in transit.
- Has no-wobble both in the hitch that further secures the bikes.
- The rack can tilt back giving you easy access to the trunk without having to remove it.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- The only drawback would be it needs tools to be mounted
From across the web, we have gathered reviews and feedbacks for each of these bike racks. Another type of Bike rack would be to use the Truck bed Bike racks if you already own a Pickup truck.